Cad Programs

Does anyone know of a cad program for residential builders? We have currently checked out solid builder and soft plan. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug
In a previous post Doug says...

Doug:
Are you looking for a full blown cad program or one that draws pretty pictures, but isn't really set up to do construction drawings?
--
Bob Morrison
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Turbocad. http://www.imsisoft.com/faminfo.asp?fam=1

In a previous post Doug says...

Doug:
I don't need 3D, but I do need an easy to use, fast and inexpensive 2D program. I use VisualCadd for all my structural drawings including framing plans and details.
Check it out at http://www.tritools.com /
and for the users group http://www.visualcadd.org /
I have to admit I'm biased because I am VP of the VCadd Users Group, but I happen to think this is a terrific, easy to learn, but very powerful CAD program.
--
Bob Morrison
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Thank you all who responded. I don't know my budget yet, but I will definitely look into both of these products.
Thanks, Doug

Just a question, Who is going to be doing the drawings? Is there an engineer or architect who will be signing and sealing said construction documents? Or is this just to sketch-out some details for the guys in the field?
Just something to think about BEFORE you run into your friendly local building inspector.
just my $0.02
hth,
Brian

greatly
You'll also want to check out Chief Architect [1]. I was a reseller in the early 90's and Chief Architect was the first commercial CAD program in the entire industry to be 'object oriented' which makes it incredibly easy to use.
The vendor ART has also licensed the software to Broderbund who sells a consumer version called 3D Home Architect which can be found on the shelves at CompUSA. The smarter residential builders I used to sell to and support would put 3D Home Architect into the hands of customers who could design or modify their floor plans which were then finished for working drawings in the professional version which was a clever way to 'build' a relationship with a customer.
I also sold a good estimating program called WinEstimator [2] which supports customization.
--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development