Excello Mill Quill Return Spring

The excello mill at our shop has a quill return springs that must be repaired. The instructions in the manual were cryptic and not very useful. Has anyone ever done this? If so, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, have people ordered them from Excello parts or other sources? I don't know if Excello still stocks them. Thanks again, woodworker88 Los Altos High School Robotics Team "Eagle Strike"

woodworker88

The excello mill at our shop has a quill return springs that must be repaired. The instructions in the manual were cryptic and not very useful. Has anyone ever done this? If so, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, have people ordered them from Excello parts or other sources? I don't know if Excello still stocks them. Thanks again, woodworker88 Los Altos High School Robotics Team "Eagle Strike"

woodworker88

I've ordered parts for my machine from here:

to be a good company.

My Excello is CNC so no quill spring. I bet its just like a Bridgeport. That one is a pain to replace. I did it a long time ago but don't remember much other than I had to do it several times to get the quill to just return with the right amount of tension.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend