Cannot purge blocks

I have a drawing that has no elements in it. I've done a select all and
deleted everything - no xrefs or attached images either. yet the file is
over 5mb of unreferenced blocks. The purge command won't get rid of them.
How the heck do I get rid of them.
I know that I can create a new file and work from there. But this file is
just an extreme case of a problem that continually occurs. I'd like to have
a solution to purge blocks are truely not used within the file.
-George
Reply to
George Tidrick
George, If you could zip up the file and email it to me at: miff at sonic dot net I would be happy to try to locate the cause and give you a solution for this and the other drawings.
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff
Hi George. Try this. Open the drawing and wblock out the drawing to a new name. Use a window to select, don't use *. Make sure you have no layers you want to keep, frozen. Open up the new drawing. Is it any better?? Best Regards Baz
Reply to
baz
Baz 's technique will purge all(most) 'unwanted ' chaff. Be aware however, it will purge all extenal references including XREF, VIEWS, etc.
Reply to
RonB
There is a program from Manusoft called Superpurge, that will purge anything; blocks, layers, linetypes, text types, anything, whether or not they are in use. I find it very useful.
Manusoft can be reached at:

JACK Goldstein
Hello
A simple solution create a block with the same name as you can't purge (select a simple line) At the question "do you want to redefine it " respond "yes" Delete the new bloc and purge it and that's all you save money and space on your HD
Herve
"George Tidrick" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...
Reply to
Cbt Bloy