Cannot purge blocks

I have a drawing that has no elements in it. I've done a select all and deleted everything - no xrefs or attached images either. yet the file is over 5mb of unreferenced blocks. The purge command won't get rid of them. How the heck do I get rid of them.

I know that I can create a new file and work from there. But this file is just an extreme case of a problem that continually occurs. I'd like to have a solution to purge blocks are truely not used within the file.

-George

Reply to
George Tidrick

George, If you could zip up the file and email it to me at: miff at sonic dot net I would be happy to try to locate the cause and give you a solution for this and the other drawings.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hi George. Try this. Open the drawing and wblock out the drawing to a new name. Use a window to select, don't use *. Make sure you have no layers you want to keep, frozen. Open up the new drawing. Is it any better?? Best Regards Baz

Reply to
baz

Baz 's technique will purge all(most) 'unwanted ' chaff. Be aware however, it will purge all extenal references including XREF, VIEWS, etc.

Reply to
RonB

There is a program from Manusoft called Superpurge, that will purge anything; blocks, layers, linetypes, text types, anything, whether or not they are in use. I find it very useful.

Reply to
JACK Goldstein

Hello

A simple solution create a block with the same name as you can't purge (select a simple line) At the question "do you want to redefine it " respond "yes" Delete the new bloc and purge it and that's all you save money and space on your HD

Herve

"George Tidrick" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Cbt Bloy