Cannot purge blocks

I have a drawing that has no elements in it. I've done a select all and deleted everything - no xrefs or attached images either. yet the file is
over 5mb of unreferenced blocks. The purge command won't get rid of them. How the heck do I get rid of them.
I know that I can create a new file and work from there. But this file is just an extreme case of a problem that continually occurs. I'd like to have a solution to purge blocks are truely not used within the file.
-George
George, If you could zip up the file and email it to me at: miff at sonic dot net I would be happy to try to locate the cause and give you a solution for this and the other drawings.
Jeff

have
There is a program from Manusoft called Superpurge, that will purge anything; blocks, layers, linetypes, text types, anything, whether or not they are in use. I find it very useful.
Manusoft can be reached at: http://www.manusoft.com

is
them.
is

have
Hi George. Try this. Open the drawing and wblock out the drawing to a new name. Use a window to select, don't use *. Make sure you have no layers you want to keep, frozen. Open up the new drawing. Is it any better?? Best Regards Baz
Baz 's technique will purge all(most) 'unwanted ' chaff. Be aware however, it will purge all extenal references including XREF, VIEWS, etc.
--
<-<RonB>->

have