Copyright

Hi, Im new to the forums and have a few questions about copyrigh procedures
I am currently working on a project to recreate a paintball marke
frame. It would run the same internals as the stock marker wit modifications. Im planning to do it to a Tippmann 98custom. I a planning to finish the frame late this summer and will have prototype milled by "e-machine shop" (any other recommended companie that could mill accurate simple parts for low cost would be greatl appreciated). Before I send out for the creation of the proto I woul like to copyright my work. Both versions of the frame I will be makin will be dxf/dwg files and one of the versions will be created as prototype. The two versions will differ anesthetically. Ideally would like to take pictures of prototype with digital camera and sen those with the two versions of the drawings to a few companies wh would be interested in purchasing and manufacturing the design. I a a student in high school and I am looking for the best cost effectiv way to protect my design and give it a chance to become a successfu product. I have been working with CADKEY/ AUTOCAD for 3 years now Also I work with CADKEY19 and AUTOCAD06. Any information you guys ca give on copyright procedures would be greatly appreciated
Thank you for your time
Jos
If you don't reside in the US, you should ignore the following; however:
Basically, at least in the US, any piece of "intellectual property" that you create is implicitly protected by copyright, whether or not you declare it as such. You can explicitly apply a copyright to a document by simply including the legend "Copyright (c) [year] [Name or Organization]" somewhere in the document. In fact, the (c) by itself is enough; the word "Copyright" isn't even necessary.
If you want to *register* your copyright, that's another matter. You should be able to find anything you need to know by starting here: http://www.copyright.gov/register / ___
message

In alt.cad.autocad , Paul Turvill wrote :

Patent on the other hand might be what the OP should be investigating... ron
Recommended reading from someone *else* who "knows": http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html ___