crazy sudden model image degradation!

Hiya,

When using Acad in 3D, after a while the model inevitably kicks into an odd pattern, which I've recorded here...

It happens when just manipulating the model and not after any particular command. Regen does nothing to resolve the issue, and I have to quit and restart Acad to get the model to display properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Reply to
smarf

Autocad can have some display issues when you are short on memory resources. When you close the file and reopen it the stuff that you have deleted etc gets purged from the file.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Okay,

Going to shut down all other apps to see if that helps...

Reply to
smarf

hmmm,,,

still happened with all other apps shut down...

Reply to
smarf

It is the resources use by autocad that is the problem not other apps. If it is what I am thinking of it should not occur in 2d wireframe view.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

gotcha...

I wouldn't see the problem in 3d wireframe as all the defects are in

3d aspects. Unfortunately, I have to work in solid views most of the time...
Reply to
smarf

Have you tried the file in a different computer?

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Well, I actually have had this problem for a year, but I didn't bother posting about it because I assumed it was my computer. When I tried it in another computer and it persisted, I knew I had a problem!

Reply to
smarf