Cut'n'Paste?

I'm working on a set of drawings (AutoCad 2002) and I need to break down the 'General Arrangement' into details. I want to copy, cut and paste
into different drawings but I can't get it to paste.
Any suggestions?
BrianNZ wrote:

Well, it's only happening on some drawings, but Iv'e got around it by xref'ing the entire dwg into the detail drawings and exploding.......still a hassle.......