enhanced attribute editor problem! help please!

whenever i double click on a drawing title to change information................i.e. sheet number, title, or scale. it takes absolutely forever for the information to entry. it's one
very slow letter at a time. does anyone know why this happens? it is driving me and several others i know nuts! anyone know of a solution?
I"ve had that happen when I use custom fonts...