external slide (.sld) tool, open source

Does anyone know any other open source/freely distributable, external slide (.sld) creators similar to Linnet

I'm looking for a way to lisp slide creation without opening the files in AutoCAD. Linnet is perfect except that it doesn't (yet) support DWG versions 2002 or 2004.

TIA.

Reply to
Steve Hall

If it "doesn't yet" support the files from AC 2002, it would seem the developers have given up on it. R-14 has been gone for a long time.

Reply to
CW

The author just told me he will be adding support for file versions up to 2004 shortly--it is not dead.

And it already supports up to v.2000, not sure why you referred to R-14,

Reply to
Steve Hall

You said it doesn't support 2002. Since 2000, 2000i and 2002 used the same file version, R-14 or previous was the only thing left.

Reply to
CW

Ah, ok. I use ADT, which had a huge jump between 2000 and 2002, I always forget the base program file format didn't change.

And just to confirm for anyone else reading, Linnet does extract slides from 2002 files.

Reply to
Steve Hall