open source ooPIC.

ooPIC is now open source under GPL.
Scott M. Savage

Well Scott that is a curious decision. Would you care to share your reasoning? Does this mean anyone can load up a PIC to be an OOPic without royalty?
I will be curious to know how this effects your income in the longer term.
Randy www.newmicros.com
RMDumse wrote:

Randy:
According to <http://www.oopic.com/ , he says:
A note to my customers: Due to economic downturns, I have taken full time employment elsewhere. Therefore, I have decided to open source the ooPIC interpreter software under GPLv3. More...
-Wayne

Thanks for the note Wayne. Not that I can't relate. We've been in a long slide, and the competition is fierce. I would have thought selling out might have been a better option. Each faces their decisions for themselves.
Randy www.newmicros.com
RMDumse wrote:

Maybe there was no buyer.
-Wayne