Free Alternative to VoloView for ACAD 2007 DWGs?

Free Alternative to VoloView for ACAD 2007 DWGs?

Is there such a thing. The new VoloView is runs like a snail with glue on its foot.

Easy to use graphics effects:

Owen Ransen

Convert to PDF and use Acrobat Reader

:-)

Reply to
Becks

You are joking? I've just reinstalled Acrobat V4 on my machines because V8 is slow, has a terrible search dialog, and continually "phones home".

The new VoloView and the new Acrobat have been hit by the same virus:

Anything-less-than-40MBytes-cannot-be-serious-itis.

Easy to use graphics effects:

Owen Ransen

Are people routinely handling files with those sizes? What's driving the file size?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

3D, architects trying to put all floor plans/site plan/ utilities on the same sheet etc.
Reply to
Modat22

I'm doing all that (but the 3d), and don't get anything near that size on smallish buildings.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Owen Ransen" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

peter govaere

Then they don't know how to use AutoCAD properly !!! They need some drawing discipline and training in XREFS

I've done 3D stuff with all that and my files don't come anywhere near 40MB !!!!

Acrobat 7 is very fast.

Version 6 was slower than version 5

I too uninstalled version 8 and went back to 7.

Reply to
Becks

I actually meant the size and heaviness of the programs themselves. Feature clutter and slow response on even fast machines....

Easy to use graphics effects:

Owen Ransen

Owen Ransen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

As a replacement for Acrobat Reader you could try free Foxit Reader at

It is small (only 1.5 M download size) and fast.

Reply to
Caveman