ARX/ADS for Acad 2004 ?

I have an old app which was written in ADS for R14 and which I have successfully compiled for 2000 and 2002. Now my question
is :
Do all I need to do for 2004 is recompile my ADS/ARX program?
I need to know this before I sign up again as a registered developer...
Unique and easy to use graphics programs http://www.ransen.com

Is there some reason why you can't just try it and see whether it works?
--
Owen Wengerd
President, ManuSoft ==> http://www.manusoft.com

I don't have AutoCAD 2004. A customer has asked me to do this upgrade, but I'm not sure how hard it would be. I'm no longer a registered AutoCAD developer so I don't have the libraries etc.
But before I sign up again I'd like to know if it is a hard job or an easy job.
Unique and easy to use graphics programs http://www.ransen.com

It shouldn't be to difficult. I would download the ObjectARX SDK (http://www.objectarx.com ) and follow the steps in the migration guide (simply changing some library names) and try compiling. If you can get it to compile without errors, it should work fine. I'm not sure why you need to be an ADN member though? :)
--
Owen Wengerd
President, ManuSoft ==> http://www.manusoft.com

Can I still use my old VC6 compiler or do I need to go to VC7 ?
Unique and easy to use graphics programs http://www.ransen.com

You need VC7. :)
--
Owen Wengerd
President, ManuSoft ==> http://www.manusoft.com

Aargh! Thanks for the help!
Unique and easy to use graphics programs http://www.ransen.com
O Ransen wrote:

If you're trying to save money, instead of the much more expensive Visual Studio Professional you can compile your old ADS/ARX using Visual C++ .Net Standard, which runs about $100. However, you will need the 2002 version, which isn't available for retail sale any more. I bought Visual C++ .Net 2003 Standard at the local CompUSA, and after I registered it I got in touch with Microsoft (there's a 1-800 number somewhere in their web site) and had them send me the "downgrade" to Visual C++ .Net 2002, which cost another $30 or so.
Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net