returning a selection set with grips selected

Hello,
Does anybody know how to return a selection set with grips selected from a lisp function , as if they had been selected manually? If this
is possible, one could then edit the set using the properties dialog box. I want to do this so I can select stuff using the good old (ssx); qselect is not quite up to scratch yet!
Look into the "ssgetfirst" & "sssetfirst" functions.....
Jeff

Thanks Jeff,
I not sure how I managed to overlook the sssetfirst function - it's a wee cracker!
Don