Illegal autocad???

What would happen if I'd report that some company is using illegal copy of autocad?

Reply to
bolo

Depends on who you reported it to. In any case, what business is it of yours?

Reply to
CW

I expect Autodesk would investigate, count the illegal copies and settle "out of court" by having the company buy the same number of copies at the full list price. I've heard stories of techies that run "bounty hunter" software and find the illegal AutoCADs on hard disks while the puter's in the shop. They get a substantial reward (I'd guess $500) for catching the theif.

Reply to
p.burgener

To who? Autodesk? Dunno. BSA? Audit probably. I know a company that happened to and it ended up costing them $80,000. They had some AutoCad not licensed set up.

Reply to
wbarwell

Its the business of the business not to do that, especially if the company is run by idiots that piss off vindictive idiots. Which is usually who turns them in.

Reply to
wbarwell

Why don't you send them an email saying they have been reported and scare the bejesus out of them. Maybe cost them some bucks to regroup. Make it look good and official.

Newb.

Reply to
Newbury

And give them an alternative. (Intellicad, that's free)

Reply to
The Marker

The only free Intellicad I know of is Progecad's lite version.

Reply to
CW