Illegal autocad???

What would happen if I'd report that some company is using illegal copy of autocad?

Depends on who you reported it to. In any case, what business is it of yours?

CW wrote:

Its the business of the business not to do that, especially if the company is run by idiots that piss off vindictive idiots. Which is usually who turns them in.
--
Happy Hogmanay!

Cheerful Charlie
I expect Autodesk would investigate, count the illegal copies and settle "out of court" by having the company buy the same number of copies at the full list price. <BTW> I've heard stories of techies that run "bounty hunter" software and find the illegal AutoCADs on hard disks while the puter's in the shop. They get a substantial reward (I'd guess $500) for catching the theif.
bolo wrote:

To who? Autodesk? Dunno. BSA? Audit probably. I know a company that happened to and it ended up costing them $80,000. They had some AutoCad not licensed set up.
--
Happy Hogmanay!

Cheerful Charlie
bolo wrote:

Why don't you send them an email saying they have been reported and scare the bejesus out of them. Maybe cost them some bucks to regroup. Make it look good and official.
Newb.
And give them an alternative. (Intellicad, that's free)

The only free Intellicad I know of is Progecad's lite version.