Intel or AMD?

Hi,

a short question. What do you recommend for a autocad 2005 workstation? An Intel Pentium 4 or an AMD Athlon 64? And would it be a big performance increase when i take a dual machine (Xeon or Opteron)??

THX

Reply to
phips

one tip: spend your money on a good video card the processor isnt going to make much difference if its an AMD 64 or a P3 1.2 . I have a 3.0 & can't tell much from the 500 MHZ I just got rid of.

also get about a gig of RAM

Reply to
longshot

AMD is generally better bang for the buck. I'm running R2005 on an Athlon 64 3200+ with no problems. No experience with dual processors so I can't help much there.

I second the suggestion to get a really good video card and at least 1G of RAM.

Mart> Hi,

Reply to
Martin Shoemaker