MrSID question

I'm working with drawing which contains a 128MG SID file. Since I only only need a small portion of the aerial, is there a way to copy just a
portion of the SID in insert into the drawing?
slk
Not that I know of.
You could export a section to GeoTIFF or TIFF with the free LizardTech MrSID GeoViewer, but unless it's a much smaller section, it might not help - TIFFs are bigger files than MrSIDs.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 08:29:17 GMT, "Huw"

You can always convert the TIFF to a JPG as well to save a considerable amount of space (with little loss visual quality). Memory use would be about the same with it loaded since it is uncompressed in memory.
-Tim