M-TEXT WINDOW NOT CLEAR?

When I go to edit text in the multitext editor window the text appears but is not clear it is disappearing into the black background of the
text editor. This doesn't happen on all type but most the thinner text that are gray are the main problem they are not legible. The text is gray in the drawings due to clients pen settings same with the font so I cant change them in the drawing. Is there a way to change the way the text is displayed in the text editor box so I can see it. Such as independently change the color or the style in the text editor but not affect the drawing text.
Thanks
Be sure to turn OFF any font smoothing (display properties > appearance > Effects ) It makes shx fonts in mtext ureadable in the editor.
--
Tim S.

PRO Menu - The Productivity Toolbox for AutoCAD
Works like a charm ... thank you so much. Although you could have mentioned these are windows settings not autocad settings. I was looking at the autocad display setting first and couldnt find what you were talking about.
Tim S wrote:

YES
thank you very much, i think you have ansewed a question for many cad users, works a treat. Dave

mentioned
autocad