Text height doesn't update

Hi, I have a problem with my text styles in autocad. If I modify the height of the text in the text style dialog and then
click apply, nothing happens. If I try to change the font, it is updated allover the drawing, but it doesn't work with the height wich is very annoying. (I'm using TT fonts). Is there something I'm missing, or some system variable I should check ? Thanks.
What version of ACAD are you using?
(Karim) wrote:

Oh yes, forgot to indicate the version : it is 2006
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:19 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk (Brian Salt) wrote:

Ah! Can't help you with that. Has many more text options than my old R14!
(Karim) wrote:

Changing the text height will not effect the height of prevously placed text. For example, If you use Standard textstyle having Times New Roman font and a height of 9", all text entered will be 9" high Times New Roman. If you modify the textstyle to 12", all text entered thereafter will be 12" high Times New Roman. All 9" text entered before the change will remain at 9". Modifiying the textstyle to Arial will change all the text to Arial but none of the existing heights will change. To change all the text to a new height you must select the text and enter the new size in the properties dialog box. For what it is worth, I seldom assign a height to a textstyle.

Karim
As far as I know AutoCAD has always worked that way regarding tex
styles. Changes to a style's font will affect previously place text, but not text height changes. This allows you to plac different height text using the same style. To change height o previously placed text, use "properties" or "scale"
For multiple inserts, you can use my BSCALE lisp routine which will scale all the text relative to their individual insertions, preserving their position to some extent, where a simple SCALE would probably move many of them to far. (it's on my site)
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Yes, that is actually the method I was using. But     as it is tedious on large drawings with lot of text I thought I could ease the pain by using text styles, thinking they work prety much like in word :) Too bad to see it is not the case. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. I'll try some of your tips to see wich best work for me.
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:58:52 -0400, "Marc Clamage"

You can use FILTER to quickly create your selection set for whatever method you choose.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

What will they think of next...years after individual users already solved the problem? ; )
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca