Can't draw an angled line - Why?

I have several drawings (AC2K) created by someone else that won't
allow me to draw a line at any angle other than horizontal or
vertical. It also won't allow me to dimension at an angle.
I know very little about Autocad - can someone tell me what is causing
this?
FWIW, if I create a new drawing, both drawing and dimensioning work
"normally".
Thanks.
Reply to
Martin
F1 ... Look up ORTHO mode. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
OK - Thanks.
Reply to
Martin
Try pressing F8 to switch ORTHO 'on' and 'off'.
Reply to
Brian Salt