PLEASE HELP AGAIN: need to export informations about saved UCS

> I need to export the transformation

> > matrixes (a.k.a. the coordinates: origin and orientation) of some UCS to > > a text file to elaborate them with MATLAB...does anybody know how to > > export those informations? > This will be list code 210 when you pick an object with > (entget(car(entsel))) > You get the direction with (cdr (assoc 210 (entget(car(entsel)))))

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand ur answer, or maybe u've misunderstood my question... I'll try to explain it better with an example....

Imagine to create a new UCS on a face of a solid (command: UCS/new/face...) and then to save it in the UCS's list (command: UCS/save...)... if U show the list of the saved UCSs (command: UCS/?/*) every saved UCS is followed by its origin and its spatial orientation (expressed by the cosins of the angles formed by each of the 3 axys of the UCS and the axys of the WCS) = 12 values totally.

What I need to do is to write down to a text file those 12 values with a LISP routine.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

Alberto

Reply to
Alberto

Hi

"Alberto" skrev i en meddelelse news:tLZPb.132125$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.tin.it...

misunderstood

UCS/new/face...)

Sorry ,but what you need is still a bit unclear, but the 3 points define a face being the UCS, reson you don't get the vector is that you can calculate this from the 3 points. But what about having the ucs defined as vector with Zaxis option. then you only need to store one point for each UCS . First storing the points defining the UCS make it easyer , ------- eh guess you know the standard way to write a line to file. P.C.

Reply to
P.C.

HiHo; (getvar "ucsorg") (getvar "uscxdir") (getvar "ucsydir") This will give you all you need. Hope this helps.

misunderstood

UCS/new/face...)

Reply to
bestafor