Raster Image Overlay Problems w/ 2007

I been trying to insert an areil image file using the insert/ raster image command. I can insert the image and scale it to size but I
experiance problems with the image always staying on top of my overlayed drawing. Sometimes it works...other times it don't. I have succesfully completed these drawings many times but they are getting harder all of the time. As soon as I regen the image comes above the drawing. Even when using send below or send above commands from the tools menu the image continues to stay on top and I cannot figure out away to print these images with my drawing underneath of it. Any help is appreciated...Thanks.
Locking the layer containing the image works for me.