Re: A problem with AutoCAD 2002 and RealPlayer v10.5: Please help!

33 1/3 :)
What about "78" or "33" or "8-track"? > ___ > > > I agree, but how could something like that have happened? How could > > pressing "4 5 Enter" have started Real Player? > >
Reply to
CW

I agree with this advice. Real Player is nothing but a piece of trash software masking as an alternative to other less intrusive media players.

Get rid of it!

Reply to
Bob Morrison

I've also had a problem with Real Player and AUtocad as well. in my case, the mouse movement was impeded and would lock up my computer. Once i deleted Real Player from my system. this problem went away. there are other nice less intrusive media players you can download in Real players absence.

LouR

Reply to
LouR

Are you running XP? I have a friend who has a very similar problem, but with hers the Calculator pops up at random too. If you are using xp then the common denominator could be there. I have both win98 & xp but 98 has autocad & net access, i dont get any such problems.

Reply to
telly

Interestingly enough, someone in the Real Forum led me to the solution: the numeral 45 was somehow synched to selecting RealPlayer as the device for playing CDs...so when I put 45 into AutoCAD (or as I found out later, Wordpad, Notepad, just about any text editor), RealPlayer would pop up to play a nonexistent CD; selcting Windows Media Player as the default CD device did the same thing with WMP. So, just making neither program the default CD player fixed the problem.

Most of you in this NG, on the other hand, were of no help at all. If you had no constructive advice to give, why bother posting anything in regard to my question? Your jerky, faux-clever jokes were lame and time-wasting...in fact, if ever I have another question about AutoCAD, I imagine I'll go somewhere where people are helpful, not geeky.

Reply to
Bill Rogers

Actually, I thought Mr. Bulatovich's reply was right on target. Removing RealPlayer would have definitely fixed your problem. Bob Morrison and LouR agreed with this also.

I'm sure your employer is more interested in your productivity using AutoCAD, than the existence of RealPlayer.

Reply to
l94

Bye.

Reply to
CW

Thanks for the credit 94, but seriously, who would want a piece of software that would prevent you from typing "45" in any other application? Surely only someone who wears a helmet everywhere.

To the OP, sorry we didn't give you the answer you wanted, but as you pointed out we are just a bunch of CAD geeks, and this is a group for AutoCAD questions, and your question had nothing whatever to do with AutoCAD. Most of us don't get out much, or use RealPlayer, so we couldn't really be of much use.

Your problems will be much missed.< Plonk>

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich