the need to read

Yes, I'm a newbe to CAD, but I have a customer that wants to email me his blueprints, and I need a program that will read them. He asked me if I had a cad program, I said no and he said to get one. These are dawings of appartment projects and houses.

  1. Can I buy a program that will read any cad drawing? You know the different vendors..
  2. Please respond to this by email so I can see it today maybe??? I can't get to newsgroups at work. (that's probably a goodthing if they want me to work ;} Please reply to ( and post here, I'll check it tonight) to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com needless to say remome the nospam. I haven't had a chance to lurk, I'm sorry to jump right in.
  3. I may post this in multiple groups, so forgive me again. Regards, Ron
Reply to
ronnospamholland

Well, I did that and the email was still bounced!

Anyway, assuming you come back here...

Reply to
Brian Salt

You're kidding, right? Oh, I see you're in the UK. Maybe not.

Reply to
CW

No, not kidding, never worked with any of it really!! I'm an x-photographer (no not rated) and use photoshop and the like but nothing with straight lines and wall thicknesses etc, but am very good at reading a real set of blueprints, so I figure I can look on the compluter screen instead of the plans. Just trying to get started and need a program that will read the software that most people in the 'residential drawing industry' would use. Autocad sounds about right?? BTW, I didn't know that Texas was in the UK, but most of us live in trailers and can't afford a radio yet ;] One guy got arrested last week for messing up the foundation of one of his neighbors abodes, it seems he let the air out of one of the tires....... Regards, Ron

Reply to
ronnospamholland

I mispelled it.. I meant for you to remove the word nospam from the email address. Anyway an autocad reader probably what I need. Anyone know of any EASY, good and cheap ones? just post em here. Regards, Ron

Reply to
ronnospamholland

I did remove nospam.

Go to the web site that I quoted and download Volo View.

Reply to
Brian Salt

Yeh, well, we'll let that one pass - or maybe not!

Presumably 'earthlink' is from somewhere out there in Star Trek land :-)

Reply to
Brian Salt

The US was founded (mostly) by Englishmen that new thaey could do it better.

Reply to
CW

OK--Thanks. It is hard to say which format I'll need to read, as I have over 60 customers, 20 active and 3 of them have started to send out blueprints this way. So, the rest will follow suit soon. However, in the mean time, I just went and picked up a set of prints so this project is quoted. I have downloaded both programs that you recommended, and will not install until the need arises again and I can see the file extension on the attachment they send me! Thanks for your help. Regards, Ron

Reply to
ronnospamholland

I replied that I downloaded VoloView, but I was simply in the process. When I got to the download site, they posted a note saying Volo View would no longer be available as of May 1, but offered a substitute. I downloaded that, I guess new is good. Can't buck change if you don't know what the change is ;} Again, thanks for your help. Ron

Reply to
ronnospamholland

Reply to
ronnospamholland