Re: Is AutoCad LT enough?

Below is a link to many free programs, Not Pirated before the software police start thinking they have a bust.
: bg wrote:
: > Just want to start to learn how to use it. : > Seen LT for $700. : > Full version too much at $2000+ : : LT should be fine for learning, but You may want to consider IntelliCad : for that purpose, instead. :
Many different software programs can be found here including IntelliCad and even for Solid Edge Layout, however that link is broken so use this one. www.soildedge.co.uk
http://www.structural-engineering.fsnet.co.uk/free.htm
--
TheWizard [ snipped-for-privacy@camelot.co.uk ]
email is faked to deter spammers

...and those are?
1) If you absolutely have to have 100% compatibility with an AutoCAD user. 2) If you live in the UK and have to pass there certification test. Due to their ignorance (or is AutoDesk paying them?) AutoCAD is required.
wrote

Yes, IntelliCAD is similar enough. I have used CADopia IntelliCAD 4 in my work since 2000 and despite minor irritants, it has largely worked out ok.

Yes, I use it for 2D work. I work for three builders who are building about 500 house per year combined. It is a great program for producing construction documents. Bill

How long did it take you to get proficient at AutoCAD?