Re: Is AutoCad LT enough?

Below is a link to many free programs, Not Pirated before the software police start thinking they have a bust.
: bg wrote: : > Just want to start to learn how to use it. : > Seen LT for $700. : > Full version too much at $2000+ : : LT should be fine for learning, but You may want to consider IntelliCad : for that purpose, instead. :
Many different software programs can be found here including IntelliCad and even for Solid Edge Layout, however that link is broken so use this one.

TheWizard
Full AutoCAD is well over $3000.00. The performance/dollar value is not good for either. Unless there is some reason that it has to be AutoCAD, you should look around at what is available. There are only two reasons I can think of for being set on AutoCAD and neither one of them is performance.
Reply to
CW
Yes, IntelliCAD is similar enough. I have used CADopia IntelliCAD 4 in my work since 2000 and despite minor irritants, it has largely worked out ok.
> Will IntelliCad be similiar enough to AutoCad LT to > make a practical transistion to AutoCAD in a work > enviroment? > > > > > TomD wrote: > > > bg wrote: > > > Just want to start to learn how to use it. > > > Seen LT for $700. > > > Full version too much at $2000+ > > > > LT should be fine for learning, but You may want to consider IntelliCad > > for that purpose, instead.
Reply to
SammyD
"CW" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote
...and those are?
Reply to
cadmaster
1) If you absolutely have to have 100% compatibility with an AutoCAD user. 2) If you live in the UK and have to pass there certification test. Due to their ignorance (or is AutoDesk paying them?) AutoCAD is required.
Reply to
CW
Yes, I use it for 2D work. I work for three builders who are building about 500 house per year combined. It is a great program for producing construction documents. Bill
Reply to
william richardson
How long did it take you to get proficient at AutoCAD?
william richards> Yes, I use it for 2D work. I work for three builders who are building about
Reply to
bg