Autocad 2000LT

Anyone know if Autocad 2000LT will run under Windows XP? TIA Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

Yes, we have one seat of 2KLT running under Win eXcess Profit at work. No installation problems.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Seems to at work on shop floor XP computers.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Had not heard that one. :)

Reply to
clutch

Hey Marty,

My (full) AutoCAD 2000 (not LT) runs just fine on a 2 year old kinda el cheapo computer running Windows XPsp2. Ran OK on the last one too, but that had the ME operating system I think.

Whatcha up to anyway????

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Yes, I have it at work running fine.

Reply to
ATP*

Running full version of 2000 in Win XP in Windows 95 Compatibility mode... If it matters. Without a problem.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Brian Lawson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hi Brian, just finishing up setting up shop at the new house. I am a complete newbie to cad and wanted to start learning. I got a complete copy of Autocad LT2000 for $40, manual CD Key etc. I figured if I was going to torture myself, I might as well use something from Autodesk and try and figure it out. A member of the Chaski Home Machinist! Website had a spare copy of Autocad LT 2000 for dummies so that's on the way too.

Any videos or other visual training aides out there that might help a self taught guy not get too frustrated! :-)

Thanks Guys! Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:53:29 GMT, Marty Escarcega SNIP

Hey again Marty,

AutoCAD certainly has rivals now-a-days, but there is at least as much literature available for it as all the others combined, so it's a good choice. I don't know of or even think videos would be too helpful. Don't hesitate to pick up any info written for the more dated versions like Version 10 through 14. Usually lots of that at the (local charity of choice) "thrift" shop. The biggest problem with any CAD is not HOW, but WHAT to do. You'll catch on quick.

If you have contact with other people in other municipalities involved in your day job line, you can probably ask around and get some Acad DWG or DXF files of schematics and symbol libraries and other good examples that you would understand quickly. AutoCAD is OK for survey work too, as that was an early need in cad way back when, and I somehow suspect it features a lot in what you do. Anyway, once you know what you want to do, it's easy to figure out how. There are a number of good cad newsgroups around, although like all ng's, they leap off into rather sophisticated stuff (like writing directly in LISP) that can scare away a newbie, but ask anyway.

And you can always ask me!!! About the simple stuff!!

Send pix of the new place and the new shop too. How's the equipment list coming along? And your kid(s) must be getting pretty big by now too, eh??

Take care.

Brian Lawson.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Does here every day!

Reply to
Bob W

Will post pics soon. Some will be amazed what I had and what I have now.... But making the best of it! Marty