Re: License Transfer

Two options: Get your friend to get with Autodesk and get the license transfer approved. Or you can purchase it and just use it, but you will not be the licensee and not qualify for support and/or future upgrades.

Reply to
Smackypete

Howdy,

I think it depends on if your friend has registered the license or not. If not, then just register it in your name and everything should be ok. If he has registered it, he probably has to sign a "license transfer document" before you can upgrade it. This is how it works in Europe anyway.

Regards,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Lindblom

Even if it has not been registered, it's very possible that Autodesk knows the "intended" recepient (from the dealer who ordered it). Trying to register under a different name may raise some flags.

Reply to
cadmaster

Possible, but not likely. (According to my experience, I have recently done quite a lot of re-registering due to company mergers.) The way Autodesk keep track of their 100000's? of licenses is by registering. No need or use for other ways of remembering who it was sold to.

Regards,

Peter Lindblom

Reply to
Peter Lindblom