Re: Maintaining Outlines on Rendered Drawings

John

Thanks for the help. Anything is worth a try and it might well be better than what I'm doing so I'll give it a go.

I am using the photo rendering option to get a wood texture.

I'll try what you suggest. Is this why the render window opens up? Presently I'm saving as a view then rendering in Layout with modelspace on. I'll try the render window and save it as a BMP or whatever else it has there as an option.

Hopefully I'll get to try it out tomorrow evening and let you know if it works.

Richard

> > >I have just completed a year's course (4 C&G qualifications) with AutoCAD > >2002 and have a student package of Architectural Desktop at home. > > > >Having now completed that course I want to extend my knowledge before the > >student package disables after the two year licence. > > > >I have been praticing by producing woodworking plans and had wanted to get > >these similar to the plans you see in the GMC magazine of New

Woodworking.

>However my problems are: > > > >I can produce the solid modelling drawing I want and I can render it with no > >problems. The problem comes along when I move it into paperspace for a > >printout. > > > >When the drawing is rendered, it does not keep the outline I would like > >around each piece so as to identify the different parts that make up the > >woodwork piece. When viewing the rendered piece on a 3D view If there is a > >detailed joint on that piece it doesn't show up. That's why I need the > >outline. Even in 2D, showing a hidden line where one joint fits to another > >does not seem to work. > > > >I have also noticed that after producing dimensions on a different layer as > >soon as the drawing is rendered in paperspace the detail of the dimension > >lines and the figures disappear leaving a couple of odd lines and nothing > >else. > > > >I know this can be done but all the books and resources I have seen stick > >mainly to the general methods of rendering and don't appear to cover this. > >Is it a case that these will show when a printout is made or is there a > >procedure I need to cover first? I new to rendering so layman's terms would > >be great. > > Hi Richard. > No promises but - have you tried rendering from modelspace to a file > and inserting the file into paperspace? This might, at least, deal > with the dimensioning problem. Are you rendering with materials with > one of the "photo" rendering options? Try rendering with each part a > different colour a no materials; you should be able to see external > joint lines. > > John B > > johnbogie btinternet.com > Put the "at" in the gap.
Reply to
Richard Hawley

John

I'm getting part way on this but still experimenting.

I contacted the people at the woodworking magazine and they say they have to put the image through several processes (Including Photoshop etc.) to get the outlines and dimensions (They use AutoCAD2000). So basically they 'Draw' those on after.

I'm still pottering around with the rendering process though, so if I find anything, and if you want, I'll let you know if I manage it.

It seems crazy that a versatile programme can't do this and I reckon it must be in there somewhere!

Woodworking.

Reply to
Richard Hawley