RE: Offset -->Origin Point ?

Hi there, just another quick one.
I use a template which I've been using since the year dot but, if after
drawing a rectangle ( from the toolbar) I want to offset that rectangle, say
30mm inside the first one, then it ends up centered around the origin point
somewhere else on the screen.
Yet, Acad's default template lets the command work as it should. I know
it's operator error but it's driving me nuts ...... any ideas ??
Regards
Bernard
Reply to
Bernard Rother