Script to Edit Attribute

Hi
Is there a way to edit a text string within an attribute using a script where the inital value of the text string in each case is different ?
for example here's my script
====================================attedit n n title <------------- block name specifcation dwgno <------------- attribute tag specification
123 <------------- this is the attribute value it could be any text string <------------- I want the new value to be blank
====================================
Thank You
I'm using AutoCAD LT 2005
Copy the script over and over again.. substituting the values each time.. (If there's a simpler way I'd really like to know about it.

Thanks but I want to use the script on 1000 or so drawings not the same one.
There's only the one attribute value to change on each drawing - however it's the existng attribute value that differs from one drawing to the next. I want to change all the different values to one same value. i.e. all drawings with that attribute have same value
I know that I could use a batch file (.BAT) to open autocad LT and then open every other drawing in the same folder but the script would differ each time.
Sorry if I'm not making sense !!!
I thought about using the pause for user input with a back slash '' within the script as a sort of workaround but it just continues the script without stopping.
Black Knight wrote:

YOU WANT TO EDIT ONE ATTRIBUTE IN 1000 FILES? you have my sympathy.
I am unfamiliar with LT. Does it run lisp?
This probably doesn't work - or maybe there's a much simpler way of achieving the same thing but...
maybe the attribute you're looking for is always sandwiched between the same values. If it is, then you could batch convert your zillion drawings to dxf and then issue a simple find/replace using a standard text editor.

Only with an add on.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Care to enlighten me more ?
Which add-on ?
Where ?
There are a few of them out there. Other's in the group using them could tell you better. One I know of is:
www.drcauto.com
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca