Script to Edit Attribute

Hi

Is there a way to edit a text string within an attribute using a script where the inital value of the text string in each case is different ?

for example here's my script

===================================== attedit n n title

Reply to
Black Knight

Copy the script over and over again.. substituting the values each time.. (If there's a simpler way I'd really like to know about it.

Reply to
sw

Thanks but I want to use the script on 1000 or so drawings not the same one.

There's only the one attribute value to change on each drawing - however it's the existng attribute value that differs from one drawing to the next. I want to change all the different values to one same value. i.e. all drawings with that attribute have same value

I know that I could use a batch file (.BAT) to open autocad LT and then open every other drawing in the same folder but the script would differ each time.

Sorry if I'm not making sense !!!

I thought about using the pause for user input with a back slash '' within the script as a sort of workaround but it just continues the script without stopping.

Reply to
Black Knight

This probably doesn't work - or maybe there's a much simpler way of achieving the same thing but...

maybe the attribute you're look>> Hi

Reply to
laptop

YOU WANT TO EDIT ONE ATTRIBUTE IN 1000 FILES? you have my sympathy.

I am unfamiliar with LT. Does it run lisp?

Reply to
roy

Only with an add on.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Care to enlighten me more ?

Which add-on ?

Where ?

Reply to
Black Knight

There are a few of them out there. Other's in the group using them could tell you better. One I know of is:

Michael Bulatovich

Another thought, is GATTE available in LT?

Reply to
zac.carey