Top menu name as variable?

Is there a technique for making the top level name of a menu dynamic according to a variable? Assuming
(setenv MYVAR "MyCompany")
and MINE.mnu:
***MENUGROUP=MINE **POP17 **MINE [$(eval,$(getenv,MYVAR))] [->$(eval,$(getenv,MYVAR))] [<-$(eval,$(getenv,MYVAR))] ...
then, loading with:
(command "load" "MINE.mnu") (menucmd (strcat "P10=+" (getenv "MYVAR") "." (getenv "MYVAR")))
the top menu item never seems to evaluate, it is always listed as a literal string. (But the sub-menus just below always work.)
Is there some undocumented limitation on naming top menus?
TIA.
--
Steve Hall [ snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com ]

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:33:41 +0000, Steve Hall wrote:

No responses... is it impossible?
--
Steve Hall [ snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com ]

The menuname system variable is "Read-Only". It changes when you change the menu with either then MENU Command or the MENULOAD command.
-- Bill DeShawn snipped-for-privacy@nospamsterling.net http://my.sterling.net~bdeshawn
]

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 05:49:04 +0000, Bill DeShawn wrote:

I don't understand this. I'm looking to make the menu name be evaluated, not hard coded. Once it's loaded it doesn't change. I load a menu, and the entry names should be able to be determined dynamically.
--
Steve Hall [ snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com ]