UK: Student version of AutoCAD 2005

I am currently a student and have registered via the AutoCAD site for a student version of AutoCAD. The last release I bought (full version) was
R9 but it's quite out of date. I'm using only AutoSketch Release 7 just now and I'm finding it really slow compared to using full blown AutoCAD.
Before I wire off the funds to the reseller for the software (2005) and user manual(s) What are the functionality restrictions of the student version?
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.

Non other that printing "Student Version" an all prints. One other thing. It expires in two years.

And any DWG produced with it can never be used for commercial purposes. Not even as a block or an xref. They will always introduce the educational plot stamp.

message
Is there a difference between "Student" version and "Academic" version? I use an academic version of 2004 and there's no educational plot stamp, either on electronic plots or paper plots. If there's no difference between the two terms then this must be a new thing introduced with 2005.
And any DWG produced with it can never be used for commercial purposes. Not even as a block or an xref. They will always introduce the educational plot stamp.

It
So why buy it?
Take a look at IntelliCAD, it's near enough to AutoCAD for learning purposes and there are no watermark problems
Alan (Cadalot) http://www.cadalot.co.uk
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:15:44 GMT, "Screwball McGee"

Very, very! close to autocad.

There are certainly two types, but I don't know the official terms for them.
I work for a non academic unit of an Australian university. Until earlier this year we used a version of Map 4 (2000) called "EDUCATION VERSION" in the title bar on initial start-up, and "Educational Version - NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE" in the About box. AutoDesk's reseller new that we exchange drawings with commercial architects, consultants etc, and our version did not create the educational plotstamp. AutoDesk's policy has since changed and we now use the full version of Map 2004.
We never receive drawings from students so I've never seen the educational plotstamp, or perhaps only certain country's education versions produce it - the same way Australians have to have a dongle, and customers in the USA don't.