undo mark

I just have never had to do this before. now I have someone else using my lisp routines.
he gets frustrated when he uses UNDO after some LISP. it undoes more
than he intended. there is, I think, a way to set some sort of mark in the code that halts the undo process.
isn't there?
thanks,
roy
(command "undo" "begin")
(command "undo" "end')
place these as teh beginning and end of coding.