VP Scale and Annotation Scale

I'm using ACAD2008. I can't 'unlink' VP Scale and Annotation Scale. If I update one, the other one updates and vice versa. I feel like I'm going nuts - or have just forgotten something really obvious !?!?

Reply to
strawberry

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to add dimensions in the model space?

Rui Maciel

Reply to
Rui Maciel

Yes, but primarily (and just to prove that it can be done) I just want the annotation scale and vp scale (at the bottom of the screen) to be different.

I'm sure that this is allowed. I mean, that's why they give you two 'dropdowns' instead of just one!

Reply to
strawberry

It may not be of much help but a good way to avoid having to fiddle with the annotation scale is to simply do all your dimension in paper space. That way all your dimensions will be independent of your paper scale, and you avoid a set of headaches which aren't easy to deal with.

Rui Maciel

Reply to
Rui Maciel

Thanks Rui, but that's not much help. To my way of thinking, it's also bad practice - but each to his own I guess.

FWIW, my workaround is just to type the VP scale (z 1/100xp) instead of selecting it from the drop down. That seems to work.

Reply to
strawberry