A friend ran across this site...

Geez, I suppose that if a customer wanted something exactly the same then this would be the way to go, but personally I like randomness :-) Charles

Reply to
Chilla

Well, that's different. 1000 atmospheres is a fair amount of pressure. Still looks highly automated to me. Seems like an awful lot of work just for flatware. I don't think I'd want a rifle barrel made this way, no matter how pretty it was. Give me a machined forging to contain explosions, thanks.

Charly

Reply to
Charly the Bastard

powerhammer can

It's gotta be staged for the camera. We both know just how potentially dangerous this stuff can be. Besides, I doubt that you could even hear the musician, given the anvil chorus and the roar from the fire. Mine sure drowns out the shop radio when I light it off. When I first set it up, the neighbors thought I was running a jet engine in the garage. If I wasn't already deaf, I'd need earmuffs. (Years of LOUD engines, LOUD machines, LOUD music.)

Charly

Reply to
Charly the Bastard

That record holding they are talking about there is bogus. Not so much "not true" as more just misleading as hell. :/

"salemen" can't believe'em can't run a market system without'em and can't kill 'em for lyin'. :)

Telling a Half truth and/or not telling the whole truth in an effort to deceive, is lyin'. Right? Wrong?

Funny but until they started making martensitic stainless steel knife blades using P/M technology, no one seemed to care about it much... we've had P/M high speed steel forever;).

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

When Chilla put fingers to keys it was 11/2/06 5:33 PM...

Oof. I meant to type 'less' not 'more'. Look at the cross sections the show. the layers look pretty irregular to me.

All told, I'd rather make my own, but it is a neat (mis)use of technology.

- CW

Reply to
Carl