A friend ran across this site...

When Chilla put fingers to keys it was 11/2/06 5:33 PM...

Oof. I meant to type 'less' not 'more'. Look at the cross sections the show. the layers look pretty irregular to me.
All told, I'd rather make my own, but it is a neat (mis)use of technology.
- CW
Carl wrote:

Well, that's different. 1000 atmospheres is a fair amount of pressure. Still looks highly automated to me. Seems like an awful lot of work just for flatware. I don't think I'd want a rifle barrel made this way, no matter how pretty it was. Give me a machined forging to contain explosions, thanks.
Charly

That record holding they are talking about there is bogus. Not so much "not true" as more just misleading as hell. :/
"salemen" can't believe'em can't run a market system without'em and can't kill 'em for lyin'. :)
Telling a Half truth and/or not telling the whole truth in an effort to deceive, is lyin'. Right? Wrong?

Funny but until they started making martensitic stainless steel knife blades using P/M technology, no one seemed to care about it much... we've had P/M high speed steel forever;).
Alvin in AZ
I'm told that they sinter together layers of different powdered steels.
John
Chilla wrote:

When Chilla put fingers to keys it was 10/31/06 5:39 PM...

US prices: http://www.ssdamascus.com/Products.html
- CW