Another Tom Latane' workshop!

I am still working on my 16th century chest and lock project, so I probably won't attend this workshop, but I thought I'd give y'all a "heads up" on Tom Latane's latest offering:

TOM LATANE' ...CHASED DOOR KNOCKER CLASS---October 9, 10, & 11th, 2008 The students in this class will forge a door knocker in the form of an "s" scroll with a hinge mortisen into the upper back. The top of the scroll will be in the form of a grotesque dragon, or human head. The lower scroll will be chased with the form of a stylized acanthus leaf. There could be simple escutcheons around the pivot and the strike or the back plate could be a larger rectangle with chased borders. There will be hot forging and modeling as well as cold chasing. Students may spend time making a number of chasing tools. email or call to register or for more information. 507-289-4189

This is another Tunnel Mill (south of Rochester MN) workshop.

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
spaco