Christmas projects

I only wish my best were as good as Ansel Adam's "average". If you read his books, the before photos, in my estimation, are truly stunning and the after is like adding frosting to the cake. The main thing for the aspiring photo buff to realize is when Mr. Adams released that shutter he already, mostly, knew the steps he would use in the darkroom and how he expected the finished product to turn out; hence the Zone system and "previsulation" as he applied it.

dennis in nca

Reply to
Dgrup

Cool story thanks, Bear. :) Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Having been a AFRS photographer in the early 60's (notice no T for TV in it in those days)

The dark room means several items. Not only how to develop the film, dry it correctly and then print it. What type of paper, what exposure, dogging some and such. Then developing the paper type of film and drying it.

Then throwing away most of the results and showing or letting only the best to be seen by anyone else. That is the toughest.

One has to be the toughest one on the pictures to maintain or build professional proud chest :-)

A good book - is ""Photography for Scientific Publication" A Handbook"" Author is Alfred A. Blaker, Principal Photographer, Scientific Photographic Laboratory, University of California Berkely.

Printed in 1965, was in my USE IT STUPID library in those early years. I suspect Amazon has some in new or used condition - either direct or partner sites.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn