RR anvil part 2--some hardfacing info

oh, if forgot, here is some info i've been looking at, specifically about hardfacing rail. I'm sure there is a ton more, but some of this stuff looked
promising. It would also, i think, solve the next problem some makers undergo--heat treating the anvil! Having 200+ pounds of glowing hot steel worries me a bit!
Thanks again guys, check out this info, if you want John
http://www.tinmantech.com/html/faq__welding_railroad_rails.html
http://www.esabna.com/EUWeb/AS_handbook/596as11_6.htm
http://www.oerlikon.com.tr/pls/oerlikon /!PRODUCTS_PKG.PRODUCT_LIST?lng=eng &subsubcategory_id8&selected_menu=0&selected_submenu=0

looked
Not a problem. Take about three days to set up and about 75-150 dollars worth of materials. Make a steel tripod over a fire pit, with a quench tank right next to it. A chain harness for the anvil connected to a lever arm suspended from the tripod. Lower, heat, raise, swing and dunk. Piece of cake... what was the price of that Euro anvil again? Seriously. I've taken a shaped, bent piece of 1x1 in. railroad scrap stock out to a 1/4 x 1 x 26 blade on my Rail Anvil (note the capital letters - I'm proud of this hunk of steel) by arm and hammer alone -among other poundings - and the surface might just be getting ready for little sanding.
GA

or take same amount of money and BUY a good anvil from any one of the advertisers on either the anvil-fire.com or keenjunk.com sites or almost any other blacksmithing web
Mark