second knife

this was my second knife... the first was pretty rough... lol, i may still
with how it turned out... now i'll brace for an honest critic.
p.s. been a while since i've been on... good t see familiar names still
around

Paul
I can't honestly say my second knife looked half that good. Maybe the 4th or 5th,, but not the second!
Bear
Reply to
Bear
If you called it done before then keep that first knife in the shape it was then. just put it away, and dig it out a few years from now, then lay it beside the last one you made, it really helps you see how far you've come.
Bear
Reply to
Bear
good idea... i like the other one but its alot more primitive looking...

Paul
Okay... the grip looks too massive for the blade. Where's the balance point? Good fit and finish, I'll assume that there's heat treatment going in in the steel. Maybe a little thinner, nice design, but it looks like it needs a diet.
Charly (you asked for honest...)
Reply to
Charly the Bastard
that's exactly right... i want honest, i'm not offended, you guys are the pros, i'm the armature
Reply to
Paul
actualy the balance point is almost exactly at the tip of the guard where it points on the blade... that was accidental but it did balance well
Reply to
Paul
The blade must be thicker than it looks in the foto, I would have guessed somewhere under the index finger notch. what are the scales made of? Maybe that's the fooler.
Charly (if I had a flatbed scanner, I'd show you some of mine, but all I have is prints, my fotog went and died on me a few years ago.)
Reply to
Charly the Bastard
yaaaa the pics are at a bad angle... it does look off now that i look at them... the blade is fairly thin, but a good bit broader than it appears in pic... but i still agree after lookin back it does look a lil extra beefy on the handle.
Reply to
Paul