second knife

this was my second knife... the first was pretty rough... lol, i may still go back and dress it up a lil though, but anyway here's my baby, i'm happy
with how it turned out... now i'll brace for an honest critic.
p.s. been a while since i've been on... good t see familiar names still around
http://tinyurl.com/6o98k
http://tinyurl.com/4ayb9
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 06:43:26 GMT, "Paul"

I can't honestly say my second knife looked half that good. Maybe the 4th or 5th,, but not the second!
Bear
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 06:43:26 GMT, "Paul"

If you called it done before then keep that first knife in the shape it was then. just put it away, and dig it out a few years from now, then lay it beside the last one you made, it really helps you see how far you've come.
Bear
good idea... i like the other one but its alot more primitive looking...
http://tinyurl.com/468xv

Paul wrote:

Okay... the grip looks too massive for the blade. Where's the balance point? Good fit and finish, I'll assume that there's heat treatment going in in the steel. Maybe a little thinner, nice design, but it looks like it needs a diet.
Charly (you asked for honest...)
that's exactly right... i want honest, i'm not offended, you guys are the pros, i'm the armature

still
happy
point?
the
actualy the balance point is almost exactly at the tip of the guard where it points on the blade... that was accidental but it did balance well

still
happy
point?
the
Paul wrote:

The blade must be thicker than it looks in the foto, I would have guessed somewhere under the index finger notch. what are the scales made of? Maybe that's the fooler.
Charly (if I had a flatbed scanner, I'd show you some of mine, but all I have is prints, my fotog went and died on me a few years ago.)
yaaaa the pics are at a bad angle... it does look off now that i look at them... the blade is fairly thin, but a good bit broader than it appears in pic... but i still agree after lookin back it does look a lil extra beefy on the handle.

where it

Maybe
have