smith tools for sale

For Sale in Northern California (SF Bay Area):
1) two anvils:
a) 40kg (170lb) Model B34 Kohlswa (clip & upset blocks, round and
square horns, pritchell & hardy holes)
b) 50 lb. Peterwright - top face perfect
2) 50# trip hammer:
circa 1890s Flint and Lomax (Denver CO), electrified from o-head
shaft, cone clutch, needs new babbit.
3) two Wally Yader swedge blocks - both styles
4) 5 1/2" leg vise w/matching table
5) rivet forge w/hand-crank blower
6) 3 1/2" legvise and table w/round cut-out to match rivet forge
7) assorted hand tools:
punches (round and square), fullers, butchers, sets, top & bottom
swedges, cut-off tools (curved - various radii, straight, tapered),
hardy shears, deep-draw hammers, lots of tongs, etc
photos at:

.../B34_Kohlswa.jpg
.../Peterwright.jpg
.../Yader_blocks_bottoms.jpg
.../Yader_blocks_tops.jpg
.../all_hand_tools_no_tongs.jpg
.../anvils_and_hammer.jpg
.../hammer-motor_cone_bows.jpg
.../hammer_upright.jpg
.../hand_tools_and_tongs.jpg
.../hand_tools_left.jpg
.../hand_tools_right.jpg
.../leg_vise_table-rot_right.jpg
.../leg_vise_table_base_detatil.jpg
.../rivet_forge_rot_right.jpg
.../rivet_tbl_vise_top.jpg
.../sets_and_tongs_right.jpg
Contact: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com
Reply to
Dean Collins
Re-babbiting a hammer is a major project. It might be easier to fab inserts. I'm already planning for the day my babbit bearings get too out of round to hold the crank.
Reply to
Charly the Bastard
not to be anal but 40 kg is around 90 lbs. (2.2 lbs to 1 kg) so which is it??
Reply to
rpayne
98 lbs. Yeah, I'm being that way too...
GA