TV Blacksmithing

. . . since there seemed to be quite an interest last year when I posted info about this, I repost now. I have no association with either RFD, the school, or Mr. Rogers. So I am not hustling. I hope it is not taboo to list commercial shows on this group.

*********** Forge & Anvil, Alan Rogers, (a TV show from U of Georgia) was repeated again on the RFD channel on DirectTV. They claimed there are 5 show segments; . . . horseshoeing . . . furniture making . . . architectural details . . . art work . . . weapons making *********** Companion book $15.00 Project Videotapes $35.00 each Book & Tape $39.00 1-800-359-4040 Mastercard and Visa . . .Make checks payable to U of Georgia . . .send to; . . . . .Forge & Anvil . . . . .U of Georgia . . . . .Athens Georgia, 30602-3603
Reply to
theChas.

Any chance of a web site? I'd like to review the project tapes before buying.

SF!

Reply to
Save Ferrous!

Any chance of a web site? I'd like to review the project tapes before buying.

SF!

***** Best I could do
last show I saw about 'Forge and Anvil' was on RFD TV's show, 'Going to Branson' Last year they had 2 or 3 shows on called 'Forge and Anvil'
Reply to
theChas.

Go to:

have streaming video clips you can view on Realplayer. Rob Wichita, KS

Any chance of a web site? I'd like to review the project tapes before buying.

SF!

Reply to
Rob Fertner

Best I could do

xxx.georgiacenter.uga.edu/tv/forge/index/html xxx.rfd-tv.com/ . . .had to use XXX's instead of the www's, as the anti-virus was keeping my posts from going online. The last show I saw about 'Forge and Anvil' was on RFD TV's show, 'Going to Branson' Last year they had 2 or 3 shows on called 'Forge and Anvil'

Reply to
theChas.

Gday all,

I've watched the entire series of the show, but not the project video yet.

I liked the show, it was quite interesting and entertaining, but I felt that it was very lacking in details on the projects, they jump steps and leave a lot of necessary details out. If your a beginner, you will find it quite hard to complete some of them from the tv series. I guess thats why they made the project videos.

Thats said, I did learn a lot from watching them. I didn't buy them, but borrowed them from the local college. I also got good info from the book, also borrowed. I'd say they are well worth watching.

I plan to get the project videos next, but it will be a week or two before I do. So if you want an opinion on them, it will have to wait. :)

Regards Rusty_iron Brisbane, Oz.

Reply to
Rusty_iron

Hey Rusty,

How do you get to see it? Did you get tapes or something?

Regards Charles

Rusty_ir> Gday all,

Reply to
Chilla

Gday Chilla,

Bremer TAFE has the best smithing library in south east Qld, about 60+ titles. They include books, videos & magazines. I'm currently doing a cert 3 in welding, or atleast part of it, at another TAFE so I can use their library. I borrowed the tapes form there. Unfortunately, at the moment, they are video tapes, not DVD's, but the library is thinking of getting them as DVD's.

You did some study at Ultimo TAFE, check their library. Ok I just did, 42 titles showing up, but not this video. They do have the "hammers blow" well worth reading.

If I get a copy of these for my library, I'll let you know. Email me if you want more details.