Latest threads in ⚒ Blacksmithing - wrought iron and steel discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

115 Blacksmithing Books - $9.99
I thought you might find this site of value: have a blacksmithing collection of 115 books on a dvd-rom for $9.99 and I thought it was quite interesting. They are all older books so they are the more...

Themes for Blacksmith club meetings?
What are some themes that your blacksmith clubs have used for meeting topics? In one of the clubs I belong to, there generally isn't a meeting theme as such. Our demos are usually determined by...
1
1

A new whatzit
I didn't plan on making this a regular thing, but ------- I Found this one at the on-line auction desk in Baldwin, Wi. had them stumped for a couple of weeks. Let me know if you have an answer,...
5
5

A metalsmithing whatzit
Hi, Guys. Here's a link to the page I put up about a metalworking tool in that I saw recently. We sure would like to know more about it. Pete Stanaitis -----------------
8
8

Setting up shop, plate under vise leg?
My shop has a dirt floor, and it's pretty soft. I'm guessing once it gets a bunch of rust and scale worked into it, it will toughen up some but for now I'm thinking that I'm not going to get a lot of...
8
8

The Bog Iron saga continues...
Figured I ought to disconnect this subject from my original post about bloom iron... After that initial find of what seems to be bog iron in my wife's new garden, I convinced her to let me wrestle out...

Spaco.org
Hi Guys, Took a while to figure this one out. I've been in communication with Airstream trying to contact There appears to be a syntax error with that site. You can got to "if" you drop the "www"....
6
6

Where will you do blacksmithing demonstrations this season?
How about a thread on the various demonstration site that you will be doing over the next several months? I was thinking primarily of demonstrations to the public at large, ie: threshing shows and...

Bloom iron
In the latest issue of ABANA's publication "The Anvil's Ring" (Volume 39/Number 3/Spring 2011, pages 32-35) a fellow by the name of Lee Sauder wrote an article titled 'Journey Into Medieval...
8
8

Induction heating?
Note: I am replicating this post on I am in the process of cleaning up the place for a Badger Blacksmiths meeting next Saturday. One of the other members (Don Hogenson) will do the main demo, making a...
5
5

death of usenet rumored!!
Is there any other blacksmithing forum that is still active?
3
3

hubby is mad for blacksmithing
My husband recently completed a blacksmithing course in Toowoomba and is really keen to keep going with it. Has anyone got any books that would help him to progress with this hobby? Thanks
4
4

What size and type toolsteel to use on my homemade anvil
I'm making it out of laminated pieces of steel 1in thick min. I took a pic of a friends anvil and then put into autocad. from there i made a program to cut the shape out on the CNC plasma table at...
9
9

Spaco, about your website.
Hi Dude, Just letting you know, in general Australians cannot access your site. Optus, Vodafone, Telstra, AAPT and the Optus Corporate network, are all having difficulty. These are major ISP's in...
6
6

Rebuilding Little Giant Power Hammers
I am writing this post because, even though us "old folks" already know this stuff, the new-er comers to the craft may not. I just noticed that the book "The Little Giant Power Hammer" by Richard Kern...