Latest threads in ⚒ Blacksmithing - wrought iron and steel discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Medium Chasers Pitch - NEW!
DESCRIPTION & INSTRUCTIONS ON USE I own a metal studio called A Copper Rose Metal Art. I have been doing repousse and chasing work for about 5 years now. Out of necessity on a particularly large...

De Re Metalica, THE book to read!
In about 1556, a book that purported to tell ALL about metals was written by Georgius Agricola. It is "De Re Metalica" , something like "of the metals". I think it is one of the most important and...
1
1

bang on an oildrum...
No fire (well eventually some fire, but none yet) - helping a kid who wants to make a steel drum or steel pan - the hammered in and shaped/tuned Caribbean instrument formed from the bottom of a 55...
3
3

burns
Hey, for the lack of traffic here, let me share what happened to me today! I burned my finger! Yeah, I actually burn myself all the time working with hot metal, but oddly, this time was very different...
2
2

Slightly blacksmithing related
As before, I am only doing this since there has been so little activity on this list lately. In late December, our 40 foot by 60 foot pole building's roof collapsed from the huge amount of snow and...
6
6

torison spring repair
My 7' X 10' garage door spring just broke. It is a torsion type, approx 3/8" in diameter and about 7' long when on its axle. I have 140A-120V Mig and a Lincoln 'tombstone' AD/DC welder. If this spring...
4
4

Answering a question about anvil condition
No big deal to most of you, but I just added a topic on anvil evaluation to bottom this webpage: Stanaitis ----------------------- This page showcases my little collection of blacksmith anvils.

OT: For Chilla
The problem with getting to from Australia seems to be solved, again. We have recieved 38 visits from 8 Australian cities within the last 7 days, which is about normal. Thanks again for the "heads up"...
1
1

Rail anvils again
I just put up a page one rail anvils. It contains all I know about them at present and what I am doing with them: Stanaitis ---------------------
13
13

Okay, it's time to say something in "blacksmthing " again--- 2 Things
This ng sure has been quiet lately. I have an interest in some old Onan generators and so have signed up for a forum called "". There are many metal-related forums in it, the Onan part being only one...
4
4

Blacksmith workshop in Taupo, NZ
Please can you tell any blacksmiths (or budding blacksmiths) that you know that there is a "call for interest" to a workshop with an international master blacksmith, to be held in Taupo, New Zealand...

A neat place to go
Here's a place that we go for blacksmithing classes and some fun events in south central Minnesota. I'm not advertising the place, I just thought you'd be interested in the pictures. Some of you might...

Storing your stock
Everyone I know is always looking for a better way to store their stock in their home shop. Here's how I store mine: What ways have you found to solve this problem of stock storage? Pete Stanaitis...
10
10

Ohio University Sourthern Campus
Ohio University Sourthern Campus Ohio University Southern Campus is located in Ironton, Ohio and is a four-year public university that offers both Associate's and Bachelor's degrees. For those...

Hammer's Blow needs articles
I just heard that the editor of the ABANA publication the "Hammer's Blow" is in need of articles Right Now for the next edition. As I understand it, Brian Gilbert will be doing his last issue before...