3 weeks and our machine is still fubard...

OK, this is really starting to hurt.. Some of you may remember that we bought a daewoo puma 12 a lil while ago.. We had it up and producing parts and all of a sudden the turret decided to get lost. Tried everything and eventually found out that a couple bolts on the inside decided to just give up and throw their heads off. So, got that all fixed and ready to put the turret back on. Well, the turret can go on 2 ways.. So we boot it up, tell it to do a tool change, it moves, then it won't do it again. Only way we can get it to do another tool change is by a reboot.. Now our trustworthy machine fixer upper guy has been out here alot longer than he should be.. We have some diagrams, and books but their not helping at all so I'm pleading to you guys..

Does anyone here know anything about how a daewoo knows what tool it is currently on?

Reply to
tnik

Oh, I did forget to mention, after it does a tool change and wont do another, there is no alarm at all..

Reply to
tnik

Generic info, and so may not necessarily apply to your daewoo...

Anyways, if it hangs, you might try doing a reboot, and then immediately do a tool change to the current active tool position--seems to usually do the trick on our swiss lathes when for instance there is an emergency stop during turret rotation...

Anyways, the usual scenario is there will be a "truth table" somewhere in your diagnostics settings screen to verify turret position and which should be documented in the machine maintenacne manual.....the value of 1 or 0 representing each of a group of microswitches which are activated by trip dogs physically located around the turret

--for instance, a four position turret only needs two feedback switches.....because there are only four possible conditions that can exist....ie. off /off off/on on/on and on/off.

Kinda like looking for the proverbial Needle in a Haystack without having the proper documents but even then a good tech should be able to can locate the switches and activate them manually ( or via a remote jumper ) while looking at the diag screens in order to positively identify the turret truth table range and settings.

YMMV

Reply to
Uhh Clem

Is it possible that the Ladder never thinks that the turret "got to" that last position? And is still waiting for it to get there before going to the next position? Being able to read the Ladder will get you through this one.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

In my experience, yes--which explains why oftentimes commanding the turret to rotate to it's already current position is an effective way to release the inhibit.

There is usually also some sort of feedback to verify that the shot pin ( or other anti-rotation device ) is in the locked or un-locked position, whether the rack /pinion is in the forward or in the rear position etc.

Correct--the ladder schematic in the maintenance manual will have letter or number coding associated with each device which serve to refrence the applicable diagnostic bit and it's current logical state as well as wire tag, cable/plug number and even actual pinouts at the machine / plc interface...very useful info once you have it figured out what does this shit all mean.

Reply to
Uhh Clem