40$ electronic edge finder....

Best damn 40 bucks I ever spent (in the shop)!

Sucks for picking up, but makes an awesome cmm for in machine inspection. Cimitron and that edge finder/probe is a match made in heaven.

Reply to
vinny

What does Cimatron have to do with it? Are you using "coordinate label" function in Cimatron? That would be saweeet! come to think of it.

Happy cnc/cmm'ing!

-- ~g~

Reply to
cncmillgil

What does Cimatron have to do with it? Are you using "coordinate label" function in Cimatron? That would be saweeet! come to think of it.

Happy cnc/cmm'ing!

-- ~g~

cimitron cmm. I end up with a setup sheet labeled cmm with a picture of the pickups labeled and x-y-z values for each pickup. Pretty friggen awesome. So awesome I'm supposed to buy another one for the graphite mill. Best part is the magnet doesnt effect it, it's bearly magnetic.

Reply to
vinny

very cool, I knew they were on to somthin with IT13's coord label function. Sounds like they implemented that function along with a "pretty pic" function nicely into E & branded it $cmm$ option?

If ya absolutely have to check your 3D work on the machine - as in mold work or maybe for ISO or QS paper shuffle - that's defiantly the way to do it. In the old days we'd set the indicator off of tooling ball or top of contour - contour high point, just with scribed lines & translate a "few" xyz drop points just to check for tool wear/correct taper ect. again only as good as machine readings +-? .001 shit........... I've seen large automotive molds & large storge contianer molds, bakery/milk case molds with wallstock +-.005. Other molds "thin wall" cell phone molds that have to be +-.0005 wallstock. All depends on what the molds are for/ what industry dictates how "precision" & costly they are. duh................ If your building washer molds I don't think Cimatron will help you.

so all said & done was it Cimatron that made it all work or was it the edge finder? I think its vinny that made it work

Reply to
cncmillgil