40 foot tall 3d printer prints buildings

F. George McDuffee

============== My impression is this is intended for basic housing in less developed countries to use locally available materials.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Looks like a solution in search of a problem. I guess a gizmo that fits in the bed of a pickup and cranks out bricks won't get enough media attention.

Reply to
mike

If you're suggesting soil-cement bricks in competition with a 3D printer pumping out a similar thing, there's no contest. I worked on a soil-cement project 45 years ago. It's labor-intensive and very slow. The only place it makes any sense is in some place where people have nothing else to do.

Reply to
Ed Huntress