cutting an oil groove in a bushing?

Guys, I need to cut an oil groove in a bushing, 50mm long 49.7mm ID. Two crossing grooves. Any way to do this on a CNC lathe? Older Siemens control. 840C. I think I would need to use a threading cycle since that is the only cycle that syncs the chuck to the tool.

Any thoughts?

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

Randy333 wrote: Guys, I need to cut an oil groove in a bushing, 50mm long 49.7mm ID. Two crossing grooves. Any way to do this on a CNC lathe? Older Siemens control. 840C. I think I would need to use a threading cycle since that is the only cycle that syncs the chuck to the tool.

Any thoughts?

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Garlicdude

Thanks, but Siemens does not support G33. Machine has a Hitrol 840C control.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333