edgefinder, collet or drill chick?

Lately Ive been lazy, and when I need to do something quick on a bridgeport, i just throw my edgefinder in my drill chuck, pick up both sides and
split it. I used to think it had to be running true, in a collet.
I know picking up center with one is deadly in a drill chuck, but what about picking up an edge? Do you think it would still be accurate in a drill chuck?
I do. Never tested it though.

Should work just fine. Back when I was starting out in the trade one of the older guys took me for $20 because I thought the edge finder in a collet would pick up different then when put in a drill chuck with obvious run out.
Damn, Vinny. Your memory must be shorter than my dick. Bottlbob did a whole set of experiments and tests and posted the results: the damn things don't have to be anywhere close to true. Will find the edge to the same degree of accuracy everytime.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

If run out is more than .200 total you need to use a wiggler instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8N89veZkCs