Re: Mastercam's Obsolete And Inefficient To Use Solid Modeling

Some people just don't have a clue how obsolete And inefficient solid

> modeling is in Mastercam. > > CNC Software has just announced they are developing a new product to try > and address how little work has been done on Mastercam Solids for well > over ten years. You can read about it on my LinkedIn group CADCAM > Technology Leaders. > > Count on this being yet another external application to Mastercam that > opens in its own separate window and makes Mastercam even more of a > cobbled together mess than it is now.

Why not pick on esprit solids. Wholly shiiiit the stuff sucks ass! Id like to hear someone defend the stuff, who knows, maybe I'm wrong?

Reply to
vinny

hhhhhhhh. Look...I dont own my own shop, I dont buy my own software. I get a job based on many conditions, and I am usually stuck with what they have. I make the best of it. I have never liked esprit, and ive been on version 1. Esprit x on hp unix was "not bad", but the software was to hard to use. You say im out of touch because I dont take your heed....thats ridiculous. I can make bobcam kick ass if its all I have, its what we do as toolmakers. Give me an enco mill and I'll bore to tenths. The real power is in our brains, not in these products. screwit, take away my cam system and watch what ill learn how to do with notepad!

Quit whining, do something more constructive, post ways the human brain has overcome retards who make software.

Esprit sux for solids. Yep. But at the time all I use esprit for is wire, so I dont use solids. But if I did...youd bet your ass I'd be finding ways to make it kick ass. YOU need to get your ass on the other side of the fence.

linkedln = spam. I wont even talk about it, its a joke.

Reply to
vinny

LinkedIn = where everyone went. The joke is on you because you're stuck on Usenet and an advertising driven machinist/CADCAM forums like Practically Worthless Machinist and CNC Advertising Zone.

I've used BobCRAP and made it work back when it was V18, V19, etc. I have no interest in ever using BobCRAP again, period.

Retards don't make all CADCAM software just the crap you're so fond of.

Try learning how to use Delcam PowerSHAPE, Featurecam, etc. and see why you don't have to make perfect software to have a brilliant product. A brilliant product has brilliant ideas. Name just one brilliant idea in Mastercam... just one. Should be easy. I can name many brilliant ideas in Featurecam and in Delcam PowerSHAPE and I'm no PowerSHAPE expert... but I will be. :>)

You're completely out of touch. That's a fact.

********** Out of touch how? Because im stuck with esprit so I choose to make it work? Im using mcosmos on the cmm, is that garbage too?

Where does it end man? Make what ya got work and stfu. All I hear at work is how ug cant do this, cant do that...yet 2 years ago mastercam did it fine? Its the end users that are screwed up, not the software.

Oh jeeese. Mastercam has the ability to create surface cuts using 2 or more profiles. No surfaces needed. a lot of people dont know that, but back when speed was an issue, why create surfs then cut them, just cut the imaginary surf. So... The fastest way to surface machine is with 2d wireframe if your smart enough. Try that shit with power dick or whatever your shop has just bought. Not gonna happen. Because only mastercam does that.

You an end user, you need big giant buttons that say start. you need fat crayon software, and thats what delcam is, I used it for cmm years ago.

I miss mastercam, I miss the updates, the new cuts, the new bells and whistles. Friggen esprit 12 to 13...nothing! No changes whatsoever.

Reply to
vinny

That statement seems to indicate that there is not much power in your brain,unless of course you mean tenths of an inch and not tenths of a thousandth of an inch.On an Enco hahahah Reminds me of an employer I had years back,just when digital readouts were showing up,he thought that just because the readout was in 4 decimal places then there was no reason I could not position to 0.0001 on a ratty old knee mill. I mean why spend 20 or 30k on a jig boring machine when 3k on a cheap imported knee mill plus a digital readout set to 0.0001 would be just as good.

Reply to
Just Me

****** I worked partime at night when i was 20 ish, bored out holes on weldments. +-.0002 usually on location. The guy had an enco mill, shit boring bars and a lot of david allen coe albums. The mill was so light and shitty, you couldnt turn it on or off during the job. You used the digitals to get you close, but in the end it was an opti visor and the lines on the dial that nailed those dimensions. So talk shit you northern idiot, your one of those guys who cries he cant do the job because he lacks the tools...ironically this isnt far from the truth.

Down here...we kickass regardless of the tools provided. It's not bragging, it's our job description. It's what toolmakers all over the world pride themselves in, except you new england "machinists" or "machine operators", or whatever you call youselves. I can hear you now telling your boss how much you suck that even with new readouts you still cant cut it.

sad.

Reply to
vinny