Emco Repair

Is anyone able to, or knows someone who is able to, repair EMCO CNC machines? I am having an issue with one of my machines (it is the
strangest issue) and I think someone needs to repair something. However, Emco wants to charge me hundreds of $ just to CALL them, before they even send someone here.
Ratedr wrote:

Ratedr:
    If you don't find a solution here, you might try at the web forum "CNCZone.com", they specialize in hobby CNC machines like the EMCO.     But as Tnik said, the more you detail your problem, the better the chances are that someone might successfully hit on the cause.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Is Emco hobby? I thought they made really expensive multi-axis/spindle jobbies -- at least that's what I thought I saw at some show. ENco is the import, right?
And to the OP, Fadal tries to help you out as much as they can over the phone, including the dealer, who you'd think would be angling for a service call. $$ just to talk to you is an outrage.
--

Mr. PV'd

Proctologically Violated wrote:

PV:
    I have an EMCO (with an "M") Compact 8 lathe. It cost 3k when new, and it's not even CNC, (like some are), but it's a small table top machine. Probably weights 80 lbs.
http://www.lathes.co.uk/emco/page2.html
    Mine is just like the picture above, except it's yellow. The drive belt is like a 3/16"-1/4" thick O-ring.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Not a bad little tiny lathe btw. German designed for small work.
Proctologically Violated wrote:

PV:
    You're absolutely correct. Emco-Maier DOES make multi-axis jobbies. Now I don't know if Emco is the same as Emco-Maier, some subsidiary or what.
http://www.mande.com/Emco-Maier-Machine-Tools-Emco-Lathe.html
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

Bob
It's the same company. Austrian as far as I know. I have two of the little training style CNC lathes in the stores somewhere. Ought to ebay them I guess.
Actually very expensive new even for a serious toy. I seem to recall the later of the two I have which is all kitted out with extras was close on 4k GBP when new. I used to run a couple little delrin and cast acrylic jobs on them which it handled well when the quantities were in the 10 to 100 realm.
I wonder where the OP is, Hit N Run post?
Wayne....

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:34:10 -0400, "Proctologically Violated"

====see http://www.compumachine.com/Regional/emco.htm http://www.emco.at/unternehmen.php?changelang=en for educational see http://www.emco.co.uk /
Proctologically Violated wrote:

Yea, Emco is a machine tool brand, kinda like Haas from the quick look at their website.
And I agree, for them to charge you just to talk, that takes some balls. I know damn well if when we bought a Haas and called support they said we had to pay to talk to them we would have never bought another one. One thing I have to say about our HFO here in town, the guys are very helpful.

The plant I work at is German owned. They force us to use German equipment, for the most part it's over engineered and outrageously priced. I learned something interesting from a German that was over at our plant installing equipment, In Germany they are charged for how much it rains. No kidding, it's calculated by the area of their roof, how much rain they get, and charged to them on their sewer bill. Explains a lot about why they nickel and dime you to death, except it's hundred and thousand dollar you to death.
Anyway, we had one row of tire curing presses with German controls and about 5 rows with Allen Bradley controls, the row of German controlled presses were responsible for about 80% of the cured scrap tires. One little program glitch or bus fault = scrap. The Germans forced us to use their equipment and cut our pay because they wanted us to be more productive. But what can you expect from a people that gets charged for their rain!
RogerN

Texas charges for rain on how big your entire lot is, them Germans ain't got nothing on taxes aka texas.

What is the problem, where is your rough geographical location?
Wes
Ratedr wrote:

How about explaining what problems your having, kinda hard to help when you don't say what the issue is.