Fadal Air/Oil Spindle

I have a Fadal (1990) with the 10K spindle that has the air/oil lube
system for the bearings.
My question is what air pressure should it be at, and how many drops
per minute should the flow be.
Thanks in advance.
Tim
Reply to
Modul
Are you sure ???
Suggest call Fadal--FWIW : I'm pretty sure that info isn't in their online manuals.
Reply to
PrecisionMechanical
Sam,
My 89 4020 had a spindle oiler. It use a 10wt turbine oil. Don't remember the pressure exactly, but I believe it was 60-80 psi. The drop rate was about 1 per second, if I remember correctly.
The biggest problem was an oil "fog" in the enclosure. Solved that by building an acrylic top cover, with a 10 inch exaust flange that went to a big ass Tepco Trion, ionic scrubber.
Mark
Reply to
MM
Modul-- The pressure should be 18 to 25 PSI. If it gets up to 35 or beyond then the diaphgram is leaking. The drip rate should be 1 drop every 2 seconds.
Neal
Reply to
Neal
Ya, had thought our oldest was ~ '90 model, but turns out it's a circa '92...greased spindle unit 10k
Reply to
PrecisionMechanicaL