Flat bottomed drilled holes

Just out of curiosity because I run DMU 100P and I have the impression you are not a big fun of those, what is it you don't like about them? Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

That's the guys. I use their jets on some of the parts I've made or had made but a couple customers that I've installed turn key's for use those plugs in their hydraulic manifolds.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I do like them. The P series and the V series are completely different animals but DMG builds good stuff. Given the right work I'd be happy to have one. There are a couple of issues that turn me off but that isn't unique to DMG.

This is a matter of the SNK hardware being head and shoulders better for my application, not DMG being bad.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

"over a barrel" wrote in news:s76dnZrEz-Bvxt_VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

Eh, I should have said "and shallow". It's an insert tool. Just buzz in and make the hole in one shot. You can back out and helical interpolate for the odd size too.

But for the .073" hole 15x deep, I'd make a tool and do it in two steps.

For a deep one like that you can make a flat bottom tool out of a straight flute coolant fed drill. Since you're only taking out the drill point from the previous tool they hold up pretty good.

Reply to
D Murphy

[snip] The Ceratizit actually looks like a good solution for another problem I am working on, Thank you!

-plh

Reply to
plh